- What is a Google Business Account?
- How to create a Google Business Account
- How to verify your Google Business Account
- How to claim your Google Business Listing
- How to optimize your Google Business Listing
- How to manage your Google Business Account
- How to use Google My Business Insights
- Google My Business Guidelines
It’s easy to get into your Google Business Account. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be up and running in no time.
Checkout this video:
Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses, brands, artists, and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. By verifying and editing your business information, you can both help customers find you and tell them the story of your business.
What is a Google Business Account?
A Google Business account is a free account that allows businesses to manage their online presence with Google. This includes creating and managing your business listing on Google My Business, as well as getting insights on how customers are finding and interacting with your business online.
To create a Google Business account, you’ll need to have a Gmail account. If you don’t have one, you can create one for free. Once you have a Gmail account, you can sign up for a business account here.
How to create a Google Business Account
Creating a Google Business account is simple and free. With a Google Business account, you can manage your online information, engage with customers, and post updates and specials.
Here’s how to create a Google Business account:
Go to business.google.com and click “Start now.”
Enter your business name and address. If your business doesn’t have a physical location, you can enter the city and state of your service area.
Choose how customers will find you online—for example, your website or Google Maps listing—and add that information.
Verify your business so customers know it’s legitimate. You’ll need to enter a phone number where we can reach you, and we may send a postcard to verify your address.
Add photos and videos, update your hours, edit your services, and more to help customers get to know your business.
How to verify your Google Business Account
Verifying your Google business account is an important step in managing your online presence. By verifying your account, you’ll be able to add information about your business, such as your hours, contact information, and website. You’ll also be able to see insights about how customers are finding and interacting with your business on Google.
To verify your Google business account:
1. Sign in to Google My Business.
2. If you have multiple locations, open the location you want to verify.
3. Click Verify now.
4. Choose how you’d like to verify your business:
– Mail: Google will mail a verification postcard to your business address with a verification code. Note that this option isn’t available for all businesses.
– Phone: Google will call you at the phone number listed on your Business Profile and read out a verification code that you can enter on the screen. If you’re not available when they call, they’ll try up to 3 more times over the next few days.
5. Enter the verification code, then click Verify location.”
How to claim your Google Business Listing
Claiming your Google Business Listing is important because it allows you to control the information that potential customers see when they search for your business on Google. It also allows you to respond to reviews, post updates, and offer coupons or other promotions.
If you haven’t claimed your listing yet, follow these steps:
1. Go to https://www.google.com/business/
2. Click “Start Now” in the top right-hand corner
3. Enter your business name and address
4. Click “Search”
5. If your business appears in the search results, click “Claim this business”
6. If you don’t see your business in the search results, click “Add your business”
7. Follow the instructions on the screen to finish adding your business
How to optimize your Google Business Listing
As a business owner, you want to make sure your customers can find you easily online- and that starts with your Google My Business (GMB) listing. By optimizing your GMB listing, you’re improving your chances of popping up in relevant searches, which can lead to more website visits, calls, and eventually customers.
Here’s a quick guide on how to optimize your GMB listing:
1. Start by claiming your business on GMB. If you haven’t claimed your listing yet, do so now. This step is important because it allows you to control the information that appears on your listing- and ensures that no one else can make changes to it.
2. Fill out all of the information on your listing. Once you’ve claimed your business, take some time to fill out all of the fields on the listing. This includes important details like your business name, address, and hours of operation. The more information you can provide, the better chance you have of appearing in relevant searches.
3. Add photos and videos. In addition to filling out the text fields on your listing, be sure to add photos and videos as well. These help potential customers get a better idea of what your business has to offer, and can be a key factor in deciding whether or not to visit you.
4. Monitor and respond to reviews. Finally, be sure to monitor the reviews left for your business on GMB (and other platforms), and respond accordingly- both positive and negative ones! Doing so shows potential customers that you care about their experience with your business, which can go a long way in building trust and loyalty
How to manage your Google Business Account
Congratulations on setting up your new business! One of the first things you’ll need to do is create a Google Business account. This will allow you to manage your business listing on Google and control how your business appears in search results.
Creating a Business account is quick and easy, but there are a few things you’ll need to do first. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. Go to google.com/business and click “Start now”.
2. Enter your business name and address. You can also add additional information about your business, such as category, phone number, and website.
3. Choose whether you want to verify your business by mail or phone.
4. Follow the instructions to verify your business. Once you’ve verified your account, you can start managing your listing!
How to use Google My Business Insights
Google My Business Insights is a powerful tool that provides data and insights about your local business. It can help you understand how customers find and interact with your business, and how you can improve your performance.
To access your Google My Business Insights, sign in to your Google account and go to https://www.google.com/business/. Then, click on the “Info” tab. On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see a section called “Insights.”
There are four types of insights that you can view:
-Overview: This gives you a general overview of how customers find and interact with your business. It includes data on things like views, clicks, and calls.
-Posts: This shows you how customers interact with the posts that you make on your Google My Business page. It includes data on things like views, clicks, and calls.
-Photos: This shows you how customers interact with the photos that you have on your Google My Business page. It includes data on things like views and clicks.
-Reviews: This shows you how customers interact with the reviews that they leave for your business on Google. It includes data on things like star rating and number of reviews
Google My Business Guidelines
To get started, sign in to your personal Google Account. If you don’t have one, you can create one.
Then, follow the instructions below:
-Enter the name of your business, and choose the appropriate business category from the list that appears. If you can’t find your business category, try using a different or more specific name.
-Enter your business address. If you have multiple locations, you can add them one at a time after your first location is verified. To help customers find your business, it’s important that this address match the address displayed on your website and other online directories. Once you’ve entered your business information, click Get started .
-Enter a phone number or website URL for your business, then click Verify now . You can verify your listings without a phone number or website, but we recommend that you add this information to help customers find you online and get in touch with you more easily.
Q: What is a Google Business Account?
A: A Google Business Account is a free account that allows businesses and organizations to manage their online presence on Google, including their website, location on Google Maps, and more.
Q: How do I get into my Google Business Account?
A: You can sign into your account by going to https://www.google.com/business/ and entering your email address and password.
Q: I forgot my password. How can I reset it?
A: If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it by going to https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/.